Concepts and Conclusions from the “2010 Pan- American Advanced Studies Institute on Dynamics and Control of Manned and Unmanned Marine Vehicles”
AbstractIn the summer of 2010, the first ever NSF’s Pan-American Advanced Studies Institute (PASI) in Colombia was held in Barranquilla and Cartagena. The two-week institute brought together researchers of the Americas to discuss topics related to dynamics and control of manned and unmanned marine vehicles. This paper presents a summary of the program organization and findings, along with lecturer and participant feedback. It is intended to serve as a lead-in to the technical papers by PASI participants contained in this special edition of Ship Science & Technology.
AUVSI, “Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems
International,” http://www.auvsi.org/AUVSI/AUVSI/Home/, accessed July 2010.
NSF, “Pan-American Advanced Studies Institutes Program (PASI),” http://www.nsf.gov/ pubs/2010/nsf10517/nsf10517.htm, accessed August 2010.
SNAME, “The official site of SeaPerch,” http://www.seaperch.org, accessed: July, 2010.
Copyright (c) 2010 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode