Focus and Scope
The Ship Science and Technology Journal accepts for publication original engineering contributions in English language on ship design, hydrodynamics, dynamics of ships, structures and materials, vibrations and noise, technology of ship construction, ocean and marine engineering, standards and regulations, oceanography, maritime and river transport, and port infrastructure, results of scientific and technological researches. Every article shall be subject to consideration of the Editorial Council of The Ship Science and Technology Journal deciding on pertinence of its publication.
Peer Review Process
Every six months
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Article Processing Charges (APCs)
Authors do not pay a fee for Article Processing Charges (APCs), as all the publishing costs are covered by COTECMAR.
Article Submissions Charges (ASCs)
Authors do not pay a fee for Article Submissions Charges (ASCs), as all the publishing costs are covered by COTECMAR.
Ethics in research
Ethics in research is a fundamental part of the policies of Ship Science and Technology, so for the publication in the journal it has been determined as necessary to take into account the following considerations:
- That the work presented for publication is written by the author, given that the content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- Honesty when preparing and presenting the results of the investigation.
- Specify in detail the contribution of each one of the authors, their contributions and results of the research.
- Make the corresponding citation and reference of the authors whose information has been used in the investigation.
- Transparency in conflicts of interest.
- Protection of the integrity and privacy of the people involved in the investigation.
- If the investigation includes the participation or handling of animals, care and provisions must be provided in accordance with the laws that regulate it.
- Fulfillment of mutual responsibilities between researchers and other research participants.
- The article must not contain unpublished material that has been copied from other authors without their consent.