Numerical simulation of a SEA Arrow Bow for a fishing vessel
The hull designs of the Peruvian fishing fleet lack hydrodynamic studies, which is why, in the present work, a study of the resistance to the advance of a classical model of the type mentioned, called "MMS", is carried out. An experimental numerical correlation is carried out with this model to validate the proposed methodology.
The numerical methodology uses CFD using Ansys-Fluent software, considering turbulent behaviour for a multiphase fluid (water-air), a mesh with inflation layers and refinements, among other characteristics. The results show a maximum error of 5% in relation to the results obtained experimentally. Based on this methodology, the behaviour of the adaptation of a SEA Arrow type bow to the MMS model is analysed. The results of this new proposal consider a decrease of up to 10% in the total resistance at different operating speeds.
D. F. LINDA TEGEHALL. «Prediction of High-Speed Planing Hull Resistance and Running Attitude», Gothenburg, 2015.
GALDOZ LINDAO, Heinz Bill, "Estudio de la eficiencia Hidrodinámica de un casco con proa tipo X-Bow por modelamiento de dinámica computacional de fluidos, para embarcación pesquera típica peruana", Tesis de Grado (2019), Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería. Perú.
H. K. VERSTEEGAND W. MALALASEKERA. «An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics», second edition. PEARSON, Essex, England., 2007.
HASSAN MOHAMED, HUSSIEN. X-bow Design for ship Energy Saving (2017). Tesis para el grado de Maestría en Ciencias en Ingeniería, Port Said University, Egipto, 2017.
HELLSTEN ANTTI. "New two-equation turbulence model for aerody-namics applications" (2004). Helsinki University of Technology. Laboratory of Aerodynamics. Finland (2004).
J. B. I CASADEMONT, «Estudio Hidrodinámico po rCFD del casco de una lancha motora», Facultat de Nàutica de Barcelona, UPC, Barcelona, jun. 2014.
LIMAY JIMÉNEZ, EDUARDO. Diseño numérico- experimental de un bulbo de proa para una embarcación pesquera tipo cerco (2010). Tesis para optar el título profesional de ingeniero naval, Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (2010).
MAESTRE, FRANCISCO. Resistencia al Avance del buque [online]. Cumaná, Venezuela. Publicado en marzo, 2013. Disponible en Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/franciscomaestre/resistencia-al-avance-del-buque
H.M. HUIJSMANS, J.A. KEUNING, M.J.B.M. POURQUIE AND M.I. GERRITSMA. «Application of the Computational Fluid Dynamics Solver FLUENT to Keels of Sailing Yachts», 2010
RICHMOND, GUSTAVO. "Modelos de turbulencia introductorio" (2019). Research Gate. Costa Rican Institute of Technology (ITCR).
RUMSEY, CHRISTOPHER. Turbulence modeling verification and validation (2014). National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Disponible en: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20140003976.pdf
WATSON, and DAVID, G.M.," Practical ship design", Gulf Professional Publishing, 2002.
YU WON, JIN. LEE MIN, CHEOL. LEE, INWON. CHOI EUN, JUNG. "Bow hull- form optimization in waves of a 66,000 DWT bulk carrier" (2017). International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering. Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnaoe.2017.01.006
Damen takes a Bow [online]. Recuperado de: https://archive.damen.com/en/innovation/some-key-projects/sea-axe-design
Ecuación de continuidad [online].
Copyright (c) 2022 Cotecmar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode