Analysis of the historical behavior of purchases of goods and services in the repair and maintenance projects of COTECMAR - Bocagrande plant in the last five years
Keywords:Analysis, historical behavior, uncertainty, purchases, shipyards, repair, maintenance, products
This research paper is a historical analysis of repair and maintenance purchases for the Corporation of Science and Technology for the Development of the Naval, Maritime and Fluvial Industry - COTECMAR. More precisely, to the projects from Planta Bocagrande. This analysis, searches for aspects to reduce the uncertainty gap in the purchases, through strategic measures, which facilitate the procurement process. The research model is based on the historical data analysis from purchases between 2015 and 2020. It also applies the ABC-XYZ classification, the Kraljic matrix and the criticality levels of the products. The research presents conclusions and recommendations according to the results from the classification and selection of the most relevant materials or products within the purchasing group, chosen following Pareto's law. Considering that the repair and maintenance business line is a market with high uncertainty and variability, adequate planning is required to improve the competitiveness of the services provided to regional shipyards, as a sample of the effectiveness of the capabilities developed by the Colombian shipbuilding industry.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode