Current and Potential Contribution of the Colombian Ministry of Defense to the National River Master Plan and the Accomplishment of the Sustainable Development Goals through COTECMAR
This article aims to present the current and potential contributions made by the Ministry of National Defense through the Corporation of Science and Technology for the Development of the Naval Maritime and River Industry - COTECMAR - and the National Navy to the River Master Plan and to the fulfillment of the Sustainable Development Objectives defined in the United Nations Agenda 2030. To this end, the contributions that have been generated so far are explored, such as the case of the river piers, the pilot project for the River Information System (RIS) and the integration of the Small Vessels Committee that is essential for the operation of a future National Port Agency. Likewise, potential solutions that can operate to meet regional needs in health, education, transport, tourism, etc. are highlighted. Finally, the opportunity to integrate the ODS, the development plans and the River Master Plan in the structuring of interregional project portfolios focused on closing social gaps in Colombia is foreseen.
ARMADA NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA. (2016). Plan Estratégico Naval 2015 - 2016. Bogotá.
DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN - DNP. (2015). Plan Nacional de Desarrollo 2014 - 2018, Todos por un Nuevo País. Tomo I y Tomo II. Bogotá: Imprenta Nacional de Colombia.
DNP , Ministerio de Transporte , ARCADIS, & JESYCA S.A.S. (2015). Plan Maestro Fluvial. Bogota.
MINISTERIO DE DEFENSA NACIONAL. (2018). Contrato Interadministrativo No 0032-ARC-CBN6. Bogota.
MINISTERIO DE DEFENSA NACIONAL - Defensa y Seguridad - Guía del Planeamiento Estratégico 2016 - 2018. Bogotá.
MINISTERIO DE DEFENSA NACIONAL. (2018). Contrato interadministrativo No 027-ARC-CBN6-2018. Bogotá.
MINTRANSPORTE, DNP, ARCADIS, & S.A.S, J. (2015). Plan Maestro Fluvial. Bogota.
MURCIA, H., SALGADO , A., GIL, C., SARAVIA, J., & ORTEGA , M. (2018). Methodological Proposal for the Identification of an Interregional Project Portfolio for the Economic Development and Exploitation of Riverine Vocation of Colombia. Ship Science and Technology, 63-72. https://doi.org/10.25043/19098642.171
NACIONES UNIDAS. (2017). Anexo: Marco de Indicadores Mundiales para los Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible y Metas de la Agenda 2030 para el Desarrollo Sostenible. Naciones Unidas.
Copyright (c) 2020 Cotecmar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode