Methodological Proposal for the Identification of an Interregional Project Portfolio for the Economic Development and the Exploitation of Riverine Vocation of Colombia
The Colombian riverine system is composed by a 27.725km water network distributed in the four major basins (Magdalena, Amazonas, Atrato, Orinoco) along the country. 73.1% of the system can be considered as waterways. However instead of leveraging the potential for the exploitation of this natural resource and the promotion of a riverine transportation system which can impact neighboring populations in social aspects such as health and education, in Colombia the priority is focused to road transportations systems. The National Government, which has adopted the challenges for the sustainability of the planet, has accepted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) promulgated by the UN and at the same time has linked the iniciative to its 2014 – 2018 National Development Plan. The possibility of connecting the promotion of its riverine vocation and capabilities for solving known socioeconomic needs motivate the creation of this methodological proposal that is driven by the identification of an interregional project portfolio that can be the starting point for closing the diagnosed gaps. At the same time it also makes the accomplish. Went of the goals established by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, defined by United Nations, feasible.
LÓPEZ RUIZ, SOFIA. 2015. Project management models and standards. Cartagena : s.n., 2015.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT OF COLOMBIA. 2016. Transport in Figures-Statistics 2015. Bogotá: s.n., 2016.
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL POLICY. 2015. Conpes Document 3856-Standardization Strategy for Projects 2016-2018. Bogotá: s.n., 2015.
NATIONAL PLANNING DEPARTMENT- DNP. Royalties map. [Online] http://maparegalias.sgr.gov.co/#/.
—. 2015. National Development Plan 2014-2018, All together for a New Country. Volume I and Volume II. Bogotá: Colombian National Printing press, 2015. 978-958-8340-88-3.
NATIONAL PLANNING DEPARTMENT. National Planning Department-DNP. [Online] DNP. [Quoted on: 20 January 2017.] https://www.dnp.gov.co/Paginas/inicio.aspx.
REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA. 2015. Decree 280. Bogotá: s.n., 2015.
The Model of Organisational Capabilities Development. Stojkovic, Dejan, Kovac, Mitar and Mitic, Vlada. 2014. Zlatibor: s.n., 2014.
THE TECHNICAL COOPERATION PROGRAM JOINT SYSTEMS AND ANALYSIS GROUP TECHNICAL PANEL 3. 2004. Guide to Capability - Based Planning. 2004.
UNITED NATIONS. 2015. Transforming our World: Agenda 2030 for sustainable development. S.L.: United Nations, 2015.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME-UNDP. 2015. Sustainable development goals, Colombia. Tools for local context. S.L.: Advertising success, 2015.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME. 2009. Capacity building: UNDP core text. Nueva York: s.n., 2009.
Copyright (c) 2018 Cotecmar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode