Obtaining First and Second Order Nomoto Models of a Fluvial Support Patrol using Identification Techniques
AbstractIn this paper we present a method for obtaining a second order Nomoto model that describes the yaw dynamic of a Patrol River Boat. This model is obtained from experimental input and output data gathered from the turning circle maneuver. System identifications techniques and a gray box model are employed to find the coefficients of the Nomoto model. The results of the identification process as well as the results of validation process are presented
WANG MENG, LI HONG SHENG, MIAO QING and BIAN GUANG RONG. “Intelligent control algorithm for ship dynamic positioning”. Archives of Control Sciences, Vol. 24, No. 4, p.p.: 479-497. 2014.
HAIJUN XU, WEI LI, YANG YU and YONG LIU. “A Novel Adaptive Neural Control Scheme for Uncertain Ship Coursekeeping System”. Sensors & Transducers, Vol. 178, No. 9, p.p.: 282-285, 2014.
SK. SHARMA, W. NAEEM, R. SUTTON. “An Autopilot Based on a Local Control Network Design for an Unmanned Surface Vehicle”. The Journal of Navigation. Vol. 65, p.p.: 281-301. 2012.
VELASCO, F.J., REVESTIDO, E., LÓPEZ, E., MOYANO, E., HARO CASADO, M. “Autopilot and Track-Keeping Simulation of an Autonomous In-scale Fast-ferry Model”. 12th WSEAS International Conference on Systems, Heraklion, Greece, July 22-24, 2008.
VELASCO, F.J., REVESTIDO, E., LÓPEZ, E., MOYANO, E., HARO CASADO, M. “Simulation of an Autonomous In-scale Fast-ferry Model”. International Journal of System Applications, Engineering and Development , Vol. 2, No.3, p.p.: 114-121. 2008.
BANAZADEH A, GHORBANI MT. Frequency domain identification of the Nomotomodel to facilitate Kalman filter estimation and PID heading control of a patrolvessel. Ocean Eng 2013;72:344-55.
AULIA ZITI AISJAH, An Analysis Nomoto Gain and Norbin Parameter on Ship Turning Maneuver , IPTEK, The Journal for Technology and Science, Vol. 21, No. 2, May 2010.
CARREÑO, J. E., “Simulación de maniobras de buques con sistemas de propulsión no convencional en aguas poco profundas”, Madrid, España: Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Tesis doctoral, 2012.
CARREÑO, J. E., MORA, J. D., PÉREZ, F. L., “Mathematical model for maneuverability of a riverine support patrol vessel with a pump-jet propulsion system”, Ocean Engineering, Vol. 63, 2013, pp. 96-104
T. I. FOSSEN, Guidance and Control of Ocean Vehicles, John Wiley and Sons,New York, 1994.
TZENG, C., and CHEN, J., “Fundamental Properties of Linear Ship Steering Dynamic Models,” Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp 79-88, 1999.
REVESTIDO E., VELASCO F., LÓPEZ E., Diseño de Experimentos para la Estimación de Parámetros de Modelos de Maniobra Lineales de Buques. Elsevier Revista Iberoamericana de Automática e Informática industrial 9 (2012) 123-134.
POLLAND, S. Recursive parameter identification for estimating and displaying Maneuvering vessel path, Thesis 2003.
Copyright (c) 2018 Cotecmar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode