Conversion from a Single-Hull to a Double-Hull Oil Barge, Keeping the Load Capacity
This document consists of a description of the project for converting a bunker oil barge from single-hull to double-hull, for this to meet the regulations of the maritime authority of Peru and the rules of the RINA Classification Society. It is exposed to the Owner, technical and economic options, in order to bring to him the best solution in time and budget. Also, is brought into discussion, the benefit to the owner that it would be of converting the outer hull. So as well, is presented, the challenges faced during the production process and the solutions adopted by the engineering team and shipyard production.
DICAPI, DG and Coastguards of Peru, Directorial Resolution 018 2011, Rules relating to the requirement of double hull vessels between 150 DWT. Less than 5000 DWT.
Copyright (c) 2016 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode