Determination of Productivity Parameters in ship maintenance works in a medium-size shipyard
AbstractProductivity parameters were determined in maintenance works of 16 ships in the slipways of ASTINAVE, a medium-size shipyard at Guayaquil, Ecuador, in the period between April 2008 and January 2009. Typical processes applied during ship maintenance, its units for evaluation and a classification chart are presented. With the registered time (Man-Hour, M-H), mean values, standard deviations and variation coefficients were calculated for each process. Mean value results for each work were: Plating replacement: 0.220 M-H/kg, Hull cleaning: 0.435 M-H/m2-machine, Painting: 0.027 M-H/m2-machine, Cathodic protection: 0.116 M-H/Kg, Thickness measurement: 0.030 M-H/test, Propulsion system: 130.92 M-H/line, Steering system: 54.89 M-H/line, Ship docking/undocking: 43.97 M-H/maneuver, Bottom Valves: 15.83 M-H/#valve, and, Fuel tank cleaning: 0.0093 M-H/gal.
ASTINAVE, Registro de Productividad en Buques. Guayaquil, 2008.
ASTINAVE CAR-C Documentos Sistema de Calidad PSC-ITSC. Guayaquil, 2008.
ASTINAVE Manuales de Mantenimiento de Equipos. Guayaquil, 2008.
BARBERÁN, J., Determinación de los Parámetros de Productividad en los Procesos de Carenamiento de Buques en el Varadero de ASTINAVE. Tesis de Grado de Ing. Naval, Fac. Ingeniería Marítima y Ciencias del Mar, ESPOL, Guayaquil, Ecuador, 2008.
BUTLER, D., Guide to Ship Repair Estimates. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2000.
HEMPEL, Documentación Técnica: Preparación de Superficies de acero. Pinturas Marinas Hempel del Ecuador, 2008.
ZURITA, GAUDENCIO, Probabilidad y Estadística, Fundamentos y Aplicaciones. ICM-ESPOL, Guayaquil, Ecuador, 2008.
Copyright (c) 2010 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode