Conceptual design of a seawater desalination system using a heat pump
The present investigation is based on the development of a conceptual design of a desalination system incorporating the technology of the heat pump, for which the conceptual foundations related to water and its characteristics were addressed; a description of the different desalination systems and technical characteristics of a heat pump. The information collected allowed to start the development of the methodological framework, in which the lineal design model was applied to define the parameters and requirements that were considered to determine the conceptual design of the desalination system using a heat pump, through which, the main result was that the heat pump technology is applicable to a seawater desalination system, considering the seawater conditions on the coast of Chile and the standardized flows that the Navy could require.
CÁCERES, Ó. (2016). Reforma al Código de Aguas: los efectos del proyecto que limita los derechos de uso. Retrieved from http://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nacional/chile/2016/11/22/reforma-al-codigo-de-aguas-los-efectos-delproyecto-que-limita-los-derechos-de-uso.shtml
AGUAS ANDINAS. (2017). Aguas Andinas. Retrieved from https://www.aguasandinas.cl/la-empresa/que-hacemos/consumo
MARTIN, G. &. (2017). What is diffusion? Retrieved 5 3, 2017, from http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~instr%5Cjgao104/diffusion.html
CENGEL, B. (2011). Termodinámica. New York, Estados Unidos: Mc Graw Hill.
CALOR Y FRÍO. (2015). Funcionamiento de la bomba de calor para calefacción y agua caliente. Retrieved 08 25, 2017, from https://www.caloryfrio.com/calefaccion/bomba-de-calor/bomba-de-calor.html
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION (UTC) . (2017). Carrier. Retrieved 09 22, 2017, from http://www.carrier.es/manuales/CATALOGO_UTC.pdfDise%C3%B1o-conceptual/
ALTEAGA, J. A. (2016). Diseño conceptual. Retrieved Julio 31, 2017, from https://la-empresa/que-hacemos/consumowww.coursehero.com/file/17966444/Dise%C3%B1o-conceptual/
SILVA, G. G. (2012, 02 12). Cero grados celsius. Retrieved 09 20, 2017, from https://www.0grados.com/diferencia-detemperatura-en-sistemas-de-refrigeracion-y-aire-acondicionado/
COSTAS, M. (2002). H2O Agua. Retrieved 09 20, 2017, from Asesoría Nutricional: http://asesorianutricional.com.ar/h2oagua.htm
SALINAS, R. (2015). Análisis comparativo de plantas de osmosis inversa y evaporadores a bordo de la Escuadra. Valparaíso, Chile.
Copyright (c) 2020 Cotecmar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode