Design and construction of a prototype for the launch and recovery of a “SAAB SEAEYE FALCON” ROV for the diving and salvage department of the Colombian Navy
The divers of the Colombian Navy carry out search and salvage operations of equipment that are submerged in maritime or fluvial areas. To be effective, the diving and salvage department must have appropriate equipment to ensure the completion of the inspections carried out; however, since underwater dive inspections are carried out in difficult access or dangerous places, it is necessary to use specialized equipment such as remote operation vehicles - ROV, where the urgent need to implement a launching system for the immersion and subsequent extraction of such equipment is identified.
As a result of the existing problem, the project is built with the purpose of creating a prototype for the immersion and extraction of a “SAAB SEAEYE FALCON” ROV, thus facilitating inspections and reaching depths of 300 meters. For its construction, exploratory research was carried out and a deductive method was applied; modeling was performed using SolidWorks software as a tool for its construction that allowed identifying the best electromechanical structure, and the component to be used for its construction was identified through the study of pure and composite materials, which processes allowed designing and building a LARS prototype that met the operational objectives for which it was proposed.
CÁTEDRA CALCULO DE ELEMENTOS DE MAQUINAS. [On line]. Available on internet: http://www3.fi.mdp.edu.ar/emaquinas/files/presenta__reductores.pdf.
CORREA Julio, VÁSQUEZ Rafael, RAMÍREZ Juan, TABORDA Elkin, ZULUAGA Carlos, POSADA Norha, LONDOÑO Jorge. Una arquitectura para el diseño conceptual de vehículos para exploración subacuática.
ELEMENTOS DE MAQUINAS. Desmontaje de elementos de máquinas. [On line]. Available on internet: http://repositorio.sena.edu.co/sitios/elementos_maquinas/vol1/pdf/1-desmontaje- de-elementosdemaquinas.pdf.
ELEMENTOS DE MAQUINAS. Mantenimiento de reductores de velocidad. [On line]. Available on internet: http://repositorio.sena.edu.co/sitios/elementos_maquinas/vol14/volumen14. html.
MECÁNICA DE ESTRUCTURAS. Libro 1 resistencia de materiales. [On line]. Available on internet: http://cervera.rmee.upc.edu/libros/Mec%C3%A1nica_de_estructuras_I_ Resistencia_de_Materiales.pdf.
MOTORES ELÉCTRICOS. [On line]. Available on internet: http://biblio3.url.edu.gt/Libros/2013/ing/pim/12.pdf.
RESISTENCIA DE MATERIALES BÁSICOS PARA ESTUDIANTES DE INGENIERÍA. [On line]. Available on internet: http://www.bdigital.unal.edu.co/5855/1/jorgeeduardosalazartrujillo20072_Parte1.pdf.
ROLLS ROYCE LTD. Our history. [On line]. Available on internet: https://www.rolls-royce.com/about/our-history.aspx.
SAAB SEAEYE LTD. Saab Seaeye Profile. [On line]. Available on internet: http://www.seaeye.com/company.html.
TECNOLOGÍA. Engranajes. [On line]. Available on internet: http://www.areatecnologia.com/mecanismos/engranajes.html.
TECNOLOGÍA INDUSTRIAL. ES; resistencia de los materiales [On line]; Available on internet: http://www.tecnologia-industrial.es/Resistencia%20de%20los%20materiales.htm.
Copyright (c) 2019 Cotecmar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode