Estabilidad dinámica de buques en olas
AbstractThe present work is about ship stability with an emphasis on the relationship it has with the movement of the waves, in order to introduce a discussion about the dynamic modes which lead to anguish at severe sea: simple loss of stability, rough inclination and parametric resonance.
We present a summary on the occurrence and relevance of the rough inclination in stern sea and the parametric resonance in prow sea, for shallow-draft vessels. In order to study the influence of different parameters, two shallow-draft vessels are investigated for some speeds and conditions of load, in which rough inclination was reported in stern sea and parametric resonance in sea front. Experimental results are compared with numeric simulations, in order to, finally, discuss the use of stabilizing tanks in the control of parametric resonance.
Abkowitz, M. A. (1964) “Lectures on Ship Hydrodynamics
Steering and Maneuverability”. Hydrodynamics Department, Report n.º Hy-5, Lyngby, Denmark.
Cipriano, W. M. (2005) “Estabilidade do Navio em Condições Extremas: Estudo de um Mode-lo Numérico Não-Linear de Terceira Ordem Acoplado em Seis Graus de Liberdade”. Tese de M. Sc., COPPE/UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil.
Du Cane, P., Goodrich, G. J. (1962) “The Follo-wing Sea, Broaching and Surging”. The Royal Institution of Naval Architects, Quarterly Transactions, vol. 104, n.º 2.
France, W. N.; Levadou, M.; Treakle, T. W.; Paulling, J. R., Michel, and R. K., Moore, C. (2003) “An Investigation of Head-Sea Parametric Rolling and its Influence on Container Lashing Systems”, Marine Technology, vol. 40, n.º 1 (Jan), pp. 1-19.
Froude, W., (1863) “Remarks on Mr. Scott Russell’s Paper on Rolling”, Trans. INA, vol. 4, pp 232-275, London.
Hamamoto, M., Nomoto, K. (1982) “Transverse Stability of Ships in Following Seas”. Procee-dings of 2nd Internat. Conf. on Stability of Ships and Ocean Vehicles (STAB’82), Tokyo, Japan.
Himeno, Y. (1981) “Prediction of Ship Roll Dam-ping – State of the Art”. Dept. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, The University of Michigan, Report n.º 239.
IMO (1977) “Torremolinos International Conven-tion for the Safety of Fishing Vessels”. In International Conference on Safety of Fishing Vessels, London.
Lundback, O. (2005) “An Investigation of Hydrodynamic
Forcing on a Semi-planing Monohull in Following and Stern Quartering Seas”, 8th. International Ship Stability Workshop, Istambul, Turkey.
Neves, M. A. S. (1985) “Revisión de algunos accidentes
con buques pesqueros”. II Congreso Nacional de Prevención de Riesgos en la Industria Pesquera, Talcahuano, Chile.
Neves, M. A. S., Pérez, N., Lorca, O. (2002) “Experimental
Analysis on Parametric Resonance for Two Fishing Vessels in Head Seas”. Proceedings of 6th International Ship Stability Workshop, Webb Institute, New York.
Neves, M. A. S., Rodríguez, C. A. (2004) “Limits of Stability of Ships Subjected to Strong Parametric Excitation in Longitudinal Waves”. In: Proceedings of 2nd International Maritime Conference on Design for Safety, Sakay, Japan, pp. 139-145.
Neves, M. A. S., Rodríguez, C. A. (2005) “A Non-Linear Mathematical Model of Higher Order for Strong Parametric Resonance of the Roll Motion of Ships in Waves”, Marine Systems & Ocean Technology, vol. 1, n.º 2.
Neves, M. A. S., Rodríguez, C. A., Cipriano, W. M. (2005) “ITTC Benchmark. Evaluación de códigos numéricos para estabilidad intacta: Estudio de la zozobra de un pesquero rápido de cerco en mar de popa”, Copinaval 2005, Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Oakley, O. H., Paulling, J. R., Wood, P. D. (1974) “Ship Motions and Capsizing in Astern Seas”, Proc., 10th Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Rahola, J. (1939) “The Judging of the Stability of Ships and the Determination of the Minimum Amount of Stability”. Doctoral Thesis, Helsinki Technical University.
Reed, E. J. (1868) “On the Stability of Monitors under Canvass”. Trans. INA, London.
Renilson, M. R., Tuite, A. (1997) “The Effect of GM on Broaching and Capsizing of Small Fishing Vessels in Following Seas”. Proceedings of 6th Internat. Conf. on Stability of Ships and Ocean Vehicles (STAB’97), Varna, Bulgaria, pp. 149-161.
Rodríguez, C. A. (2004) “Estabilidade Dinâmica do Navio: Um Modelo Não-Linear de Terceira Ordem”. Tese de M. Sc., COPPE/UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil.
Salvesen, N., Tuck, O. E., Faltinsen, O. (1970) “Ship Motions and Sea Loads”, Transactions of SNAME, vol. 78, pp. 250-287.
Umeda N., Hashimoto, H. (2002) “Qualitative Aspects of Nonlinear Ship Motions in Following
and Quartering Seas with High Forward Velocity”, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, vol. 6, pp. 111-121.
Umeda, N., Renilson, M. R. (1992) “Wave Forces on a Ship Running in Quartering Seas – A Simplified Calculation Method”. In: Proceedings of 11th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference, Hobarth, Australia.
Umeda, N., Renilson, M. R. (1994) “Broaching of Fishing Vessel in Following and Quartering Seas - Nonlinear Dynamical System Approach”. Proceedings of 8th Internat. Conf. on Stability of Ships and Ocean Vehicles (STAB’94), Florida, The United States of America.
Copyright (c) 2009 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode