Methodology for the Experimental Analysis of Offshore System in Deep and Ultra-Deep Waters in the Colombia Caribbean Sea
Keywords:Experimental analysis, offshore ocean structures, Semi-submersible, instrumentation, reduced scale model
AbstractHistorically, different methodologies of experimental analysis of naval and oceanic structures oriented to the execution of controlled experimental tests in facilities capable of reproducing environmental conditions specific to their operating locations have been developed. These methodologies enable the efficient design of oceanic structures, the minimization of production costs and the generation of scientific knowledge. This article details the design of an experimental analysis methodology for semi-submersible offshore systems for deep and ultra-deep water fields, obtaining satisfactory results, and the validity of the procedure as an important contribution to the phases of semi-submersible platform design, a concept selected as appropriate for the areas of interest of the Colombian Caribbean
API-RP 2T, Recommended Practice for Planning, Designing, and Constructing Tension Leg Platforms, American Petroleum Institute, April 1987.
CABRERA. J. - Nuevas fronteras y desafíos tecnológicos en aguas profundas y ultra-profundas en el caribe colombiano - DIMAR OFFSHORE CARIBE, Pag, 65 - 67, 2016
CARDOZA, E.V., Aplicação das técnicas de planejamento e análise de experimentos na melhora da qualidade de um processo de fabricação de produtos plásticos, 2002. Dissertação (Mestrado). Universidade de São Paulo, São Carlos. São Paulo. 2002. 121p.
CHAKRABARTI, S.K. Offshore Structure Modeling, Advanced series on Ocean Engineering — Volume 9, Chicago Bridge & Iron Technical Service Co., World Scientific, Plainfield, Illinois, USA. 1994. 470p.
CHAKRABARTI, S.K. Physical Model testing of Floating Offshore Structures. Marine technology Society, Dynamic Positioning Conference, October 13-14, 1998. 33p.
CHAKRABARTI, S.K. Handbook of Offshore Engineering — Offshore Structure Analysis, Inc. Plainfield, Illinois, USA. Elsevier Vol. 1 — Cap. 1,7,13. 2005. 1268p.
DUARTE, J. L. SCHWENGBER, C. Série Monográfica Qualidade — Projeto de experimentos - Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Escola de Engenharia -Programa de Pós Graduação em Engenharia de Produção Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil. 2011
EVANS, J. H. Basic Design Concepts, ASNE Journal, American Society of Naval Engineers, 1959.
FRADEN, J., Handbook of Modern Sensors — Physics, Designs, and Applications — Cap 1 — Data Acquisition - Third Edition — Springer — San Diego, California USA. 2003. 608p.
HARRIS G., HARRY, S M., GAJANAM, Structural Modeling and Experimental Techniq ues, Second Edition, CRC Press LLC, USA. 1999. 808p.
ITTC, Recommend Procedures and Guidelines, International Towing Tank Conference, 2014.
KALLSTROM, C. G. AND BYSTROM, L. Dynamic Positioning of a Semi-Submersible: Results of Scale Model Tests and Computer Simulations - Society for Underwater Technology (Graham & Trotman. 1986) -SSPA Maritime Consulting AB, Goteborg, Sweden. 1986. 14p.
KIM, J., KIM, Y., SHIN S. Experimental study of motion & wave load response on semisubmersible — Ocean Engineering Research Department, MOERI/KORDI, Daejon, Korea. 2010. 4p
KURE, K. Model tests with ocean structures - Danish Ship Research Laboratory, Hjortekaersvej 99, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark. 1981. 6p.
MALTA, E.B. - Métodos e processos para a análise experimental de sistemas oceânicos de produção de petróleo e gás. 2010 — Dissertação (Mestrado) Universidade de São Paulo — São Paulo, Brasil. 2010. 218p.
MERCIER, J. A. Tension Leg Platforms - Progress and Prospects. Vol. 99; 1991; pp. 249-279
MULFORD, E. — Dissertação (Mestrado), Procedimento para determinação experimental de carregamentos externo para o projeto estrutural de uma plataforma semi-submersivel — Escola Politecnica da Universidade de Sao Paulo — Departamento de Engenharia Naval e Oceãnica, 192p, 2014.
SOUZA, C.A.G. Projeto, implantação e análise de um gerador de ondas - Departamento de Engenharia Naval e Oceânica, Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo — São Paulo — SP — Brasil. 2003. 10p.
STEEN, S. Experimental Methods in Marine Hydrodynamics — TMR7, Lecture notes — Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology - NTNU 'TRONDHEIM, Norwegian University of Science and Technology. 2014. 183p.
TACHIBANA, T. Método de avaliação do desempenho dinâmico de uma plataforma semi-submersível, concurso livre-docência EPUSP, São Paulo, Brasil. 1994.
How to Cite
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode