Seasted Floating City. Innovative Development of a New City Model
Seastead is a floating city experiment for international waters based on economic studies carried out by the Seasteading Institute, which seeks to increase real estate market growth, driven by an economic incentive dedicated to medical tourism, aquaculture, technology incubators, and support platforms for offshore rigs. A new pre-conceptual model of a floating city was created, conceptualizing an analysis of the floating habitat as a means for development and expansion. is new habitat style was designed taking into account considerations of the marine habitat, current habitats, utopian projects and studies regarding the expansion of urban spaces. e city was designed on a semi-submersible offshore platform chosen through a parametric model made by the Seasteading Institute, which allowed for a final modular array comprised by 300 containers organized by a crane system, this being the organizational system of the city.
BUREL FABRICE. Habiter la mer: histoire, et at des lieux et prospective. Nantes, Ecole nationale superieure d’ architecture de Nantes, 2011. DPEA Navale.
MARIA ERIC, MENETREY PHILIPPE. Le monolithe. Presses polytechniques et universitaires romandes, 2012. ISBN- 10:2880745144
UNITED NATIONS, United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, 1958-60. Website: http://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_ agreements/texts/unclos/convemar_es.pdf
OLTHUIS K, KEUNING D. Float building on water to combat urban congestion, Frame 2011. ISBN: 9789077174296
PETRIE GEORGE. Parametric Analysis of candidate configurations for early seastead platforms, Part 1. USA 2011
RAGON MICHEL. Où Vivrons-nous demain, 2012. Paris Laffont. p 215. ASIN: B0014QG7UG
REVISTA RELATIONS N48, Les dalles flottantes
ROUGERIE Jacques y VIGNES Edith. Habiter la mer. Editions Maritimes & d’ autre mer. 1978. p,197. ASIN: B000XC7260
WILLEMIN Veronique. Maisons sur l’ eau. Editions Alternatives, 2008. P,125. ISBN- 2862275468
Copyright (c) 2016 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode