New implementation of Work Sampling Analysis for validating the Present Idle Time Indicator of Maintenance and Ship Repairing Business Line of Cotecmar
This article is focused on the implementation of the Work Sampling technique at the Science and Technology Corporation for the development of the Naval, Maritime and Riverine Industry – COTECMAR, more specifically in the Production Department of the Maintenance and Ship Repair Management located in Mamonal facilities; in order to know the percentage of idle times in performed productive processes and to identify the main triggers, through the estimation of the proportion of time played in specifics activities in a certain period of time, using instantaneous observations of work areas and employing probability sampling to generalize the findings.
Bañegil Palacios, Tomás Manuel, and others. 2005. Manual de Dirección de Operaciones. España : Ediciones Paraninfo, 2005.
De la Paz González, Humberto. 2014. Generalidades del muestreo del trabajo. Victoria de Durango : Instituto Tecnológico de Durango, 2014.
Fraunhofer IPA. 2013. Improvement of the situation in the ship-repair direction of Cotecmar. Rostock - Alemania : s.n., 2013.
García, Roberto. 2005. Estudio del Trabajo. s.l. : MacGRAW-HILL/INTERAMERICANA EDITORES, 2005. Segunda Edición.
Krajewski, Lee y Ritzman, Larry. 2000. Administración de Operaciones: Estrategia y Análisis. México : Pearson Educación., 2000.
Organización Internacional del Trabajo. 1996. Introducción al Estudio del Trabajo. Ginebra: OIT, 1996. Cuarta edición (revisada).
Porto, Juan David. 2013. Medición de la Productividad en Procesos de Reparación de Buques. Cartagena : s.n., 2013.
Copyright (c) 2017 Ciencia y tecnología de buques
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors who publish in this Journal certify that:
- The work submitted for publication in The Ship Science and Technology journal, was written by the author, given that its content is the product of his/her direct intellectual contribution.
- All data and references to material already published are duly identified with their respective credits and are included in the bibliographic notes and quotations highlighted as such.
- All materials submitted for publication are completely free of copyrights; consequently, the author accepts responsibility for any lawsuit or claim related with Intellectual Property Rights thereof, Exonerating of responsibility to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- In the event that the article is chosen for publication by The Ship Science and Technology journal, the author state that he/she totally transfers reproduction rights of such to The Science and Technology for the Development of Naval, Maritime, and Riverine Industry Corporation, COTECMAR.
- The authors retain the copyright and transfer to COTECMAR the right of publication and reproduction of the work which will be simultaneously subject to the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) , which allows the license to copy, distribute, display and represent the work and to make derivative works as long as it recognizes and cites the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- For more information about the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC -BY) and his use and scope, please visit the following web page https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode